Steven J. Pisani is a reputed Denver Assault Defense lawyer that provides complete legal support to his clients charged with assault offenses. We protect our clients by taking benefit of every probable defense against the charges of assault and/or battery. Assault charges can stem from actions in which a client’s emotions got the best of them; due to provocation; accidental or unintended injury; or a defense against an honest perceived threat. We always probe the case in 360 degrees to know the case better than the prosecution. We as a law firm have a deep understanding of all the possible consequences of an assault conviction and we discuss them with the client. Our motto is to protect the client’s rights and accomplish the best likely verdict against the charges.
There are mainly three classes of assault crimes in Colorado State – First, Second and Third Degree.
First Degree Assault:
- Knowingly harming to another person seriously and permanently, or to abolish, amputate, or disable forever a member or a body part.
- With a set of mind to cause severe corporal injury upon the person of a peace officer or firefighter, the individual threatens with a deadly weapon a peace officer or firefighter involved in the enactment of his or her duties, and the lawbreaker discerns the victim is a peace officer or firefighter performing his or her duties.
- In the conditions expressing extreme triviality to the value of human life, the person eloquently involves in conduct which generates a grave risk of death to another person, and thus causes serious physical damage to any person.
- A class 3 felony, frequently as a crime of violence offense with an obligatory least possible sentence of 10 years behind the bars.
Second Degree Assault:
- Causing physical injury to another person intentionally, using a deadly weapon.
- Knowingly to stop someone whom he or she identifies, or should know, to be a peace officer or firefighter from executing a legal duty, he or she deliberately causes physical injury to any person.
- Reason being except lawful medical or therapeutic treatment, he deliberately causes lethargy, unconsciousness, or other mental or bodily weakening or injuring another individual by controlling him, without his consent, a drug, constituent, or preparation proficient of creating the intended harm.
- An individual carelessly causes serious corporal injury to another individual with the use of a deadly weapon.
- A class 4 felony, usually as an offense of violence crime with a required minimum verdict of 5 years in imprisonment.
Third Degree Assault:
- When a person with criminal negligence causes physical damage (pain) to another individual by using a deadly weapon
- When an individual meaningfully or irresponsibly causes physical injury (pain) to another person
- An unusual risk class 1 misdemeanor crime with a prison term of up to 2 years in jail & a $5,000 fine
Domestic Violence Assault & Harassment Charges
In the state of Colorado Assault charges can be higher with a domestic violence designation when both parties are or have been in a close relationship. The attachment of domestic violence charge with assault straightly demands an arrest. In such circumstance you can get arrested without bail until present in front of a judge. Apart from this, protection orders may prevent you from contacting the other party. The domestic violence title also boosts the likely penalties of the assault conviction, demanding several months of treatment and therapy classes. In such a circumstance, it is advised to consult your case with a knowledgeable Denver assault attorney.
Demanding Self Defense
Self Defense may be claimed when acting on an honest belief of a threat. Self defense can be difficult to establish, particularly in cases where there is no third party witness involvement. It is quite important for the person facing the charges of assault to contact a competent Denver based assault and battery lawyer as soon as possible. Sometimes, officers do not take proper images of your injuries if there are any, if they get influenced with the other party and make a mindset that you are the culprit. So hiring an assault attorney in Denver when the case is fresh is always best and may preserve a lot of evidence in your favor.
Pisani Law firm makes all the possible efforts using all the expertise and experience to ensure the protection of client’s rights.